While most people think of New Years Day as a chance for a new start, many REALLY see September as the new beginning. School starts and work gears up. We’re back to our busy lives after those lazy, hazy days of summer.
September is when we’re revitalized, refreshed and determined—and how many times have you heard this? “I’ll finally start/finish that project now!”
With that in mind–compliments of pluggz–are some September resolution ideas:
- Cook At Home More Often: Good for mind, body, soul and great for the wallet. Since YOU now control what you put in your body, it might see only the freshest, healthiest and most natural foods.
- Jumpstart Your Day with Nutrition. It doesn’t need to be “typical” breakfast food, but it can also be a green juice, salad, leftover soup, or whatever you want–as long as it’s healthy.
- Incorporate Fitness Into Your Daily Life: Physical activity enhances mood, controls weight, fights fatigue by carrying nutrients and oxygen to the cells, and even helps promote sleep. Take stairs instead of escalators and elevators; swim; bike; dance; hike or stretch.
- Get More Sleep: Sleep deprivation leads to exhaustion leads to illness and injury. Experts suggest getting at least 7.5 hours a night.
- Declutter: Clean house, garage, yard and closets. Get rid of that which no longer serves you.
- Meditate every day: Even just 10 minutes daily can help!
- Breathe: As Dr. Andrew Well says on his website: “Practicing regular, mindful breathing can be calming and energizing and can even help with stress-related health problems. To learn some techniques, click here.
- Practice Self Care: Set aside a little time each day for “just you” and some quiet time. Read a good book, listen to a favorite piece of music, take a long bath, get a massage, hike, etc.
- Keep a gratitude journal: At the end of each day—no matter how awful that day was–write down 2 or 3 things for which you are grateful; watch your perception change
- Change your shoes, change your life: Pluggz (grounding) footwear is committed to keeping you well, happy and vibrant! Read this: http://blog.pluggz.com/2013/11/13/change-your-shoes-change-your-life/
Now let’s here from you. What is your Autumn routine? How do you get started for the “new year?”