Here are some tips to help you cope:
- Always start your day with a good, healthy breakfast that includes some protein, healthy fats, fruit and/or vegetables—and NO sugar, because that will only make you feel moody, tired and irritated.
- Stay organized: As much as a week before, start filling up your carry-on bag . You don’t want to forget essentials, such as important documents, headphones, sleep masks, comfortable shoes, etc.
- Leave early enough so traffic won’t make you fret over the possibility of missed schedules.
- Bring treats for fidgety kids and pets, just in case a little bribery is in order.
- Have a list of car games to keep kids occupied!
- Stop, stretch and walk around at least every 20-30 minutes if possible.
- Get to the airport, train station or bus terminal early: You want to be able to breathe deeply and relax. You can’t do that if you’re rushing to buy tickets and keep a schedule.
- Bring your own healthy snacks: Avoid the temptation of airport concession stands or unhealthy and calorie-laden means and snacks on the planes and trains.
- Drink up! A must-have, especially on airplanes where the air is dry and recirculated.
- Bring noise-cancelling headphones: They block out plane or train noise, chatter and crying children.
- Be gentle, but firm, with that seat kicker: Nothing is so vexing as to have a child kick your seat on a plane, train or bus, and it can be pretty exasperating for both the victim and the parent. If you’re the victim, turn around, smile sweetly, and ask the both the parent and child to stop kicking.
Of course, sometimes the child will keep kicking. If that happens, or if you want to avoid any possibility of confrontation, ask the flight attendant, train conductor or bus driver for help.
Now, if you’re a parent traveling with kids, you’ll be faced with boredom, crying and whining. You might try taking off your child’s shoes—sometimes it relaxes feet—not to mention, it really hurts to kick without the support of a shoe.
- Dress comfortably! Wear layers and loose-fitting clothes in comfortable fabrics. And don’t forget your pluggz, grounding shoes that combine comfort, health and style. The next best thing to being barefoot, the shoes will allow you to connect to the Earth and absorb that planet’s electrons so you feel calm, with an overall sense of well being.
Pluggz is a footwear brand featuring proprietary grounding technology. Pluggz shoes give people a direct connection to the Earth when they walk on grass, sand, soil and even concrete. To view our complete line, please click here.