- Dehydration can be a major cause of headache. In fact, some estimate that 75 to 80 percent of headaches are caused by not drinking enough water.
- Water, when combined with sand, is a natural conductive material that will help you connect to that powerful energy source, Earth. You’ll absorb those great electrons that keep you grounded. That’s why you sleep better at the beach—it’s not just because of the fresh air and sound of the waves.
- Our brain is made up of 85 percent water. Our bones, 22 percent.
- We can lose 3 to 4 cups of water a day just by breathing (vapors) sweating and through urination.
- You can become dehydrated with just a 2 percent loss of water.
Water is pretty to look at, but it’s so much more, affecting every system in our bodies! If you become dehydrated, you’ll also be unbalanced, and those systems won’t be able to function optimally. You’ll be fatigued, moody, lack energy and concentration and can increase the risk of health problems, such as cardiovascular.
How much water should you drink? A good rule of thumb to start with is to divide your weight by 2—that’s the number of ounces you should drink per day–BUT you also need to look at it on a case-by-case basis; for instance, do you eat primarily vegetables and fruit? They have a high water content, so you may not have to drink as much. And, yes, there is such a thing as drinking too much water—but more on that in a later post.
So drink up, because:
- Water boosts energy, leading to more successful exercise: If you’re dehydrated you’ll move slower and be fatigued—not too conducive to exercise, is it?
- Water makes you look more youthful: Water removes toxins, so the skin’s clearer; it contracts muscles so the tissue’s plumper. Some even insist it gives them a glow!
- Water will give you the ability to handle stress better: You’ll be more focused, more energetic and more clear-headed, able to handle challenges and problems.
- Water helps your heat function better: On its website, the American Heart Association said water keeps the body hydrated and helps the heart more easily pump blood through the blood vessels to the muscles. And, it helps the muscles work efficiently. “If you’re well hydrated, your heart doesn’t have to work as hard,” added John Batson, M.D, a sports medicine physician with Lowcountry Spine & Sport in Hilton Head Island, S.C., and an American Heart Association volunteer.
Pluggz is a footwear brand featuring proprietary grounding technology. Pluggz shoes give people a direct connection to the Earth when they walk on grass, sand, soil and even concrete. To view our complete line, please click here.